Join us on Thursday, October 6 from 8 – 10 a.m. at the Duquesne Club and learn about the evolution of volunteer programs and the newest, most effective approaches. Tickets are $35. A limited number of non-profit tickets are available at a discounted rate of $25. Register online at the Pittsburgh Business Times.
Volunteerism has long been a cornerstone of corporate citizenship initiatives. Today, however, mounting research shows skills-based volunteer programs not only strengthen nonprofits and communities by providing technical expertise and building capacity, they effectively engage corporate employees and boost performance, loyalty and morale. This discussion will highlight the evolution of volunteer programs and showcase the newest, most effective approaches, including Skills-Based Volunteerism, a trend being pioneered here in Western Pennsylvania that is having major impacts on both companies and nonprofits.
- Rebecca Lucore, Head of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, Covestro LLC
- Peggy Outon, Executive Director, Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University
- Daniel Pinho, Senior Vice President and Assistant Group Manager, Trade Finance, The PNC Financial Services Group
- Shannon Connery, Facilities Manager, Alcoa
- Justin Lee, Chief Operating Officer, Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
8:00 – 8:30 Registration, Networking and Breakfast
8:30 – 9:45 Presentation
9:45 – 10:00 Q&A