Why a nonprofit tech meetup is good for you
If you are managing technology at your nonprofit, whether intentionally or accidentally, it’s useful and healthy to connect with other people doing similar work. The Bayer Center organizes the Bagels & Bytes meetups to provide space for the nptech community to connect and communicate.
About Bagels & Bytes meetups
If you’ve never attended Bagels & Bytes, we welcome you to check us out! If you used to attend, but haven’t in a while, make 2017 your year to come back. Everyone needs to take time out for “sharpening the saw” – we all need to build in time for stepping back, reflecting and getting our creative juices flowing again. Bagels & Bytes is just one way to do this.
2017 meetup dates
Bagels & Bytes – Allegheny group
The first Wednesday of each month except for January and July from 8:30-10 AM.
- February 1 – Grow Pittsburgh
- March 1 – Grow Pittsburgh
- April 5 – Grow Pittsburgh
- May 3 – Frick Art & Historical Center
- June 7 – Computer Reach (a.k.a. the “Bagels & Bytes Open Source Summer Fiesta”)
- August 2 – Location TBD
- September 6 – Location TBD
- October 4 – Location TBD
- November 1 – Location TBD
- December 8 (1-4 pm) – Dave & Busters (“Bagels & Bytes Holiday Party”)
Bagels & Bytes – Westmoreland group
The second Tuesday of every other month, January/March/May/July/September/November, from 8:00-9:30 AM, typically at King’s Restaurant on Rte. 30, west of Greensburg.