Through the generosity of the Arconic Foundation, partial scholarships will be offered to organizations demonstrating significant budget restraints. Scholarship decisions are based on criteria of merit and need. Individuals and organizations demonstrating an interest in the program and a need for assistance are encouraged to apply. Below is a list of our basic scholarship guidelines. After reviewing the guidelines, please complete the application form and return it to the Bayer Center as soon as possible.
1. Currently employed, a board member or volunteer, or work directly with a nonprofit organization
2. Demonstrate an interest in activities compatible with the course (e.g. for Innovative Financing we look for development professional, for the Human Resources Series we look for HR professional, etc.)
3. Apply for the scholarship prior to or at the time of registration
4. Your organization must be based in or serve the community in at least one of the following counties: Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Green, Washington or Westmoreland
5. Budget size and clearly demonstrated financial need are important considerations for awards
6. Only one scholarship can be awarded to an individual nonprofit per semester
7. Scholarships cannot be awarded for conferences, clinics, BoardsWork! cohorts or other classes/events that feature an out-of-town speaker which incur travel or other expenses.
Thank you for your interest in the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management. We will let you know if you have received a scholarship shortly after we receive your application. Please call if you have any additional questions at (412) 397-6000.