Breakout sessions and speakers have been posted for the 14th annual TechNow Conference! TechNow is slated for Thursday, October 19 and is organized by The Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University. TechNow 2017 will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Monroeville, Pennsylvania.
Anyone who has an interest or stake in his or her nonprofit’s technology management or usage is encouraged to attend. TechNow has something for everyone!
A preview of session titles and speakers follows. Visit the conference website, www.technowconference.org, for more information about each session!
Breakout Sessions 1 (10:30 – 11:45 AM)
- Security Soup to Nuts: Assessing and Addressing Risk
Speakers: Stephanie L. Bucklew, SLB Consulting; Katie Robson, The Pittsburgh Foundation
- One Small Step for Technology: The Art of the Micro-Improvement
Speaker: Dan Fang, Tickets for Kids Charities
- Meet Your Mission without Breaking the Bank: Free and Pro Bono Technology for Your Cause
Speaker: Peggy Duvette, Oracle+NetSuite
Breakout Sessions 2 (1:00 – 2:15 PM)
- Technology Manual: You DO need one!
Speaker: Arwen Lavengood Davis, MPA
- Keeping IT Afloat: What to Expect When a Techie Decides to Leave
Speaker: Nicole DeVault, ACHIEVA
- Leveraging Technology for Mission-Critical Results: Two Local Case Studies
Speakers: Colleen O. Fedor, The Mentoring Partnership; David J. Mosey, Smart Futures; Kate Brennan, M.Ed., NurturePA
Breakout Sessions 3 (2:30 – 3:45 PM)
- Square Pegs and Round Holes: How We Upgraded Our Database
Speaker: Brittany Zuckerman, Breathe Pennsylvania
- Better Together: Organizing and Scaling Volunteer Management with Technology
Speaker: Connor Sites-Bowen, Global Links
- Accidental Techie: How to Balance the Workload without Losing Your Mind
Speakers: Arwen Lavengood Davis, MPA; Bethany Hemingway, Staunton Farm Foundation