Our own Peggy Outon is on the planning committee, and Cindy Leonard will be presenting at the conference. We would like to share information about this fantastic event!
The 2017 Capacity Builders Conference takes place November 15-18 right in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI in conjunction with ARNOVA’s national conference. It’s a two for one deal with over 600 researchers, academics and capacity builders from across the country who collectively impact thousands of organizations across the country each year.
2017 Conference Program:
This year’s program includes breakouts and presentations with the following great organizations:
- Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University (PA)
- Brighter Strategies, LLC (VA)
- BWB Solutions (CT)
- Capbuilders (CA)
- ClearWays Consulting and Coaching (MA)
- Community Resource Exchange (NY)
- Danville Regional Foundation (VA)
- Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy (MI)
- Fio Partners, LLC (RI)
- Foraker Group (AK)
- Foundation Center (NY)
- Molnar Consulting (SC)
- Nonprofit Elements (TX)
- Nonprofit Solutions Associates (MA)
- North Carolina State University (NC)
- Penn Flood Consulting (CT/NY)
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PA)
- RAFFA (MD)
- SCG Nonprofits (MO)
- Sequoia Consulting Associates, LLC (CA)
- Support Center (NY/NJ)
- TCC Group (NY)
- The Association of Junior Leagues International, Grand Rapids (MI)
- TM Public Relations (SC)
- Western North Carolina Nonprofit Pathways (NC)
- WorkXO (MD)
With over 20 interactive Alliance-developed workshops along with over 100 sessions led by ARNOVA, the conference provides both variety and depth for consultants, academics, funders and nonprofit leaders interested in increasing the capacity of nonprofit organizations and other actors working toward sustainable social change. More detail on this year’s program and registration information can be found on our website.
Location, Logistics and Schedule:
This year’s conference starts on Wednesday, November 15th at 8:00AM and ends at 4:00PM on Saturday, November 18th. Conference sessions and keynotes will be held at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and right in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. The Alliance has secured a block of rooms (along with ARNOVA) at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. If you would prefer to stay at a different hotel, there are several options within a half mile of the conference venue. The special conference rate, starting at $170/night, applies only at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.