It’s time for our special June B&B meetup! This year, we will hold our summer meetup, the “Open Source Summer Fiesta,” at Computer Reach on June 7.
As usual, bring your tech questions, ideas, and issues. Join our fellowship of nonprofit techies (all levels of knowledge are equally welcome) as we brainstorm, share ideas and solutions, and support each other.
Additionally, we will receive a demo of the Linux operating system and other open source software from the Computer Reach folks, who will explain how they refurbish computers for nonprofits using these tools!
Bagels & Bytes: Open Source Summer Fiesta
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Computer Reach, 214 North Lexington Street, Pittsburgh, PA (East End, inside Construction Junction)
- Parking is available in Construction Junction’s lot.
- The meeting is FREE to attend, but you must register online or via Meetup.com.
Why a nonprofit tech meetup is good for you
If you are managing technology at your nonprofit, whether intentionally or accidentally, it’s useful and healthy to connect with other people doing similar work. The Bayer Center organizes the Bagels & Bytes meetups to provide space for the nptech community to connect and communicate.
About Bagels & Bytes meetups
If you’ve never attended Bagels & Bytes, we welcome you to check us out! If you used to attend, but haven’t in a while, make 2017 your year to come back. Everyone needs to take time out for “sharpening the saw” – we all need to build in time for stepping back, reflecting and getting our creative juices flowing again. Bagels & Bytes is just one way to do this.
2017 meetup dates
Check out the Bagels & Bytes blog to see past meeting notes or join us on Meetup.com for easy reminders and meeting RSVPs! Here are the B&B dates and locations booked so far for 2017:
Bagels & Bytes – Allegheny group
The first Wednesday of each month except for January and July from 8:30-10 AM.
- February 1 – Grow Pittsburgh
- March 1 – Grow Pittsburgh
- April 5 – Grow Pittsburgh
- May 3 – Frick Art & Historical Center
- June 7 – Computer Reach (a.k.a. the “Bagels & Bytes Open Source Summer Fiesta”)
- August 2 – Location TBD
- September 6 – Location TBD
- October 4 – Location TBD
- November 1 – Location TBD
- December 8 (1-4 pm) – Dave & Busters (“Bagels & Bytes Holiday Party”)
Bagels & Bytes – Westmoreland group
The second Tuesday of every other month, January/March/May/July/September/November, from 8:00-9:30 AM, typically at King’s Restaurant on Rte. 30, west of Greensburg.
It’s time for our June B&B
outing meeting! This year, we will hold our summer meeting at Animal Rescue League on June 3.
As usual, bring your tech questions, ideas, and issues. Join our fellowship of nonprofit techies (professional and “accidental” are equally welcome) as we brainstorm, share ideas and solutions, and support each other.
Additionally, we will receive a tour of ARL’s facility during the last half hour of our meeting!
Bagels & Bytes & Critters
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Animal Rescue League, 6620 Hamilton Avenue (East End), Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- Street parking is available. Please do not park in the ARL lot.
- The meeting is FREE to attend, but you must register online or by emailing Shelby Gracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.